Request For Proposal
RFP PS20210724 - FOR THE PROVISION OF WARMING CENTRE OPERATORS
Questions & Answers
All inquires related to this RFP must be sent to:
Dino Goundouvas, Contracting Specialist
All enquiries must be made in writing and are to be directed only to the above contact person. In-person or telephone enquiries are not permitted.
[Please specify proposal document number, proposal title and purchasing agent's name when sending email.]
Questions will be accepted, and answers posted, ONLY IF they are submitted in writing five working days prior to the bid closing date
CLOSING DATE & TIME
3:00:00 pm (Local Vancouver Time), Thursday, August 5, 2021
Proponents should submit their proposals on or before 3:00pm on the 5th August, 2021 (the “Closing Time”) by emailing accordance with the following:
• Subject of the file to be: PS# - Title – Vendor name.
• Document format for submissions:
o RFP Part C in PDF format – 1 combined PDF file,
o Any other attachments if necessary,
o NOTE: A Word version of Part C is posted with this RFP for submission purposes
• Zip the files to reduce the size or email separately if needed.
• Send your submissions to Bids@vancouver.ca; do not deliver a physical copy to the City of Vancouver.
• Inquires related to this RFP must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12pm, July 22, 2021.
• Submitting the files via Drop box, FTP, or similar programs, is not acceptable.
• Due to cybersecurity concerns, the City of Vancouver will quarantine any inbound email with attachments not in PDF or Microsoft Office formats which will result in non-
delivery to Supply Chain Management and will be deemed not submitted. Non-compliant file formats will be detected and quarantined even if they are compressed, zipped, renamed, and include password protected zipped files.
• The maximum number of attachments allowed in an email message is 250 attachments.
• The maximum size limit for an email message, including all attachments, is 20MB per message.
To be considered by the City, a Proposal must be submitted in the form set out in Appendix 1 (the “Proposal Form”), completed and duly executed by the relevant Proponent.
Amendments to a Proposal may be submitted via the same methods, at any time prior to the Closing Time. Proposals are revocable and may be withdrawn at any time before or after the Closing Time.
Proposals received after the closing time may be returned unopened.
Faxed proposals will not be accepted.
Please visit our Bidding Procedures page for additional information.
General Description of Requirement
The City of Vancouver (“COV”) has operated warming centres since December 2016. Warming Centres provide low-barrier, overnight, indoor spaces during extremely cold weather to people who are experiencing homelessness and who also may suffer from issues related to poverty and marginalization.
The City of Vancouver has partnered with Non-Profit Organizations and service providers to operate overnight warming centres at non-City owned sites. These sites offer a variety of options for people to come inside in different neighbourhoods across the city of Vancouver. These facilities may or may not be regularly used for social services purposes, during the day. This RFP is seeking partnerships with non-profit organizations and service providers to support the creation of warming centres.
No information meeting at this time.
Downloading the Document
Proponents must not electronically alter any portion of downloaded documents with the exception of adding the information requested. To do so will invalidate your bid.
No amendment at this time.
No addendum at this time.
Questions and Answers
No questions and answers at this time.