Invitation to Tender
ITT PS20210111 - CONSTRUCTION SERVICES FOR CAMBIE BRIDGE – REHABILITATION AND SEISMIC EARLY WORKS
May 25, 2021
Questions & Answers
May 26, 2021
All queries related to this ITT should be submitted in writing to the attention of:
Brian Brennan, Contracting Specialist
[Please specify bid number, bid title and purchasing agent's name when sending email.]
Questions will be accepted, and answers posted, ONLY IF they are submitted in writing five working days prior to the bid closing date
The City welcomes inquiries, requests for clarification or comments from registered Tenderers. All inquires or comments to the City must be in written form only. All inquiries, requests for clarification and comments must be e-mailed to email@example.com prior by not later than 3:00pm Tuesday, May 25, 2021, and must in each case be addressed to the attention of the Contact Person.
CLOSING DATE & TIME
3:00:00 pm (Local Vancouver Time),
May 25, 2021 June 1, 2021
“Vancouver Time” means the time in Vancouver, British Columbia. Dates and times of deliveries of Tenders will be determined conclusively by the electronic timestamps connected with and shown on the email deliveries thereof, as synchronized to Network Time Protocol (NTP) provided by the National Research Council of Canada adjusted to local Pacific Time Zone.
Tenders must be submitted by email only, to Bids@Vancouver.ca, by not later than 3:00pm Vancouver Time on Tuesday,
May 25, 2021 June 1, 2021 (the “Closing Time”).
DO NOT SUBMIT TENDERS BY FAX OR HARD COPY DELIVERIES.
Tenders will be not be publicly opened.
Tender submissions results will be available on the website
https://vancouver.ca/doing-business/unverified-tender-results.aspx within 48 hours of the Closing Time.
The City of Vancouver’s business hours are 8:30am to 4:30pm, Vancouver Time, Monday to Friday, excluding holidays.
Tenders received after the closing time may be returned unopened.
Faxed tenders will not be accepted.
Please visit our Bidding Procedures page for additional information.
General Description of Requirement
The City of Vancouver (the “City”) invites Tenders for construction services for the Cambie Bridge – Rehabilitation and Seismic Early Work project which will include structural rehabilitation of and seismic upgrades for the City’s Cambie Bridge.
The Work generally includes, but is not limited to:
a) Bridge deck delamination identification and repairs;
b) Bridge joint seal repairs;
c) Upgrades to the foundation footing under bridge pier A6/W13;
d) VPD ancillary works (see design drawings for details);
e) Installation of Owner Supplied CMS Board;
f) Rehabilitation of the bridge’s south pedestrian staircase connected to the False Creek Seawall; and
g) Bridge concrete crack and spalling repairs.
Tenderers are invited to attend an information meeting to be held online by Webex at 11:00 am on Monday, May 3, 2021 (the “Information Meeting”).
Tenderers are asked to pre-register for the Information Meeting by submitting the Information Meeting Attendance Form (Appendix 1) to the Contact Person by email prior to Friday, April 30, 2021.
Webex connection details for the Information Meeting will be provided to prospective Tenderers upon receipt of completed Information Meeting Attendance Form.
Tenderers are asked to indicate their intentions to submit Tenders by submitting the Response Notification Form (Appendix 2) to the Contact Person by email on or before Tuesday, May 18, 2021.
It is the sole responsibility of each Tenderer to check the City’s website at
https://vancouver.ca/doing-business/bids-contracts-rfps-purchase-orders.aspx regularly for addenda, amendments and questions and answers related to this ITT, which the City may issue at any time during the process, and for any reason, at its discretion.
Downloading the Document
Bidders must not electronically alter any portion of downloaded documents with the exception of adding the information requested. To do so will invalidate your bid.
ITT PS20210111 1,760 KB
CONSTRUCTION SERVICES FOR CAMBIE BRIDGE – REHABILITATION AND SEISMIC EARLY WORKS
Amendment No. 3 131 KB
Amendment No. 4 134 KB
Amendment No. 5 350 KB
Amendment No. 6 141 KB
1. RE: CHANGE TO PART C – FORM OF TENDER - SCHEDULE “A” – SCHEDULE OF QUANTITIES AND PRICES;
2. RE: CHANGE TO PART D – SCHEDULE 2 – SPECIFICATIONS AND DRAWINGS – SPECIFICATIONS SECTION 01 55 00
1. RE: CHANGE TO PART A – INTRODUCTION – 3.0 TENDER DOCUMENTS – ADDITION OF VPD LOT PHOTOS
1. RE: ADDITION TO PART D – SCHEDULE 2 – SPECIFICATIONS AND DRAWINGS – SPECIFICATIONS - SECTION 01 57 01 - ADDITION OF JAPANESE BEETLE REQUIREMENTS
1. RE: CHANGE TO PART A – INTRODUCTION – 6.0 CONDUCT OF ITT – INQUIRES AND CLARIFICATIONS
2. CHANGE TO THE CLOSING TIME
1. CHANGE TO PART C – FORM OF TENDER - SCHEDULE “A” – SCHEDULE OF QUANTITIES AND PRICES
2. CHANGE TO PART B – TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ITT PROCESS – 3.0 BONDS
3. RE: CHANGE TO PART D – SCHEDULE 2 – SPECIFICATIONS AND DRAWINGS – SPECIFICATIONS – 1.4 TRAFFIC CONTROL
4. CHANGE TO PART D – SCHEDULE 2 – SPECIFICATIONS AND DRAWINGS – Drawing 2573- 02-E-101
1. CHANGE TO PART C – FORM OF TENDER – SCHEDULE “O”
2. CHANGE TO PART C – FORM OF TENDER - SCHEDULE “A” – SCHEDULE OF QUANTITIES AND PRICES
3. CHANGE TO PART A – INTRODUCTION – 3.0 TENDER DOCUMENTS – ADDITION OF FG 300 INTERSTATE GRADE CURB SYSTEM INSTALLATION PROCEDURE USING ADHESIVE, ADDITION OF LEAD PAINT SAMPLE RESULTS 2
No addendum at this time.
Questions and Answers