Invitation to Tender
ITT PS20201112 - CONTRACTOR FOR ANDERSON STREET UTILITY UPGRADE
November 16, 2020
Questions & Answers
November 17, 2020
All queries related to this ITT should be submitted in writing to the attention of:
Jason Lo, Contracting Specialist
[Please specify bid number, bid title and purchasing agent's name when sending email.]
Questions will be accepted, and answers posted, ONLY IF they are submitted in writing five working days prior to the bid closing date
CLOSING DATE & TIME
3:00:00 pm (Local Vancouver Time), Thursday, November 19, 2020
“Vancouver Time” will be conclusively deemed to be the time indicated in the electronic timestamp the Tender receives upon delivery to the email address specified herein, which is in turn synchronized to Network Time Protocol (NTP) provided by the National Research Council of Canada adjusted to local Pacific Time Zone.
Tenders will be not be publicly opened. Tender results can be found within 48 hours of the Closing
Time at the following website:
Tenders received after the closing time may be returned unopened.
Faxed tenders will not be accepted.
Please visit our Bidding Procedures page for additional information.
General Description of Requirement
The City of Vancouver (the “City”) invites Tenders for the Anderson Street Utility Upgrade.
The Work generally includes, but is not limited to:
1. Mobilize and demobilize
2. Complete Construction Schedule and required permits and plans
3. Complete utility locates prior to construction
4. Complete excavation, trenching, removal and disposal of unsuitable materials, and supply and place imported materials
5. Install and operate and Vactor truck provisions as required
6. Supply and install 200 m of 300 mm dia. ductile iron (DI) sanitary forcemain and related appurtenances on Island Park Walk, Anderson Street and West 2nd Avenue
7. Supply and install 90 m of 300 mm dia. ductile iron water main on Anderson Street
8. Complete tie-ins to existing piping; (following City approval of the work)
9. Abandon existing watermain and sanitary forcemain in place with controlled density fill
10. Abandon existing sanitary forcemain access manholes in place
11. Restore all pavements and other surfaces
12. Comply with requirements for environmental and archeological procedures
13. Repair foul air ducting in Granville Island Pump Station (Optional)
14. Maintain up-to-date and accurate record drawing markups available on site during construction, and provide complete record drawing markups for all disciplines at completion
The Work Site is located at Anderson Street and West 2nd Avenue, Vancouver British Columbia. The Work Site is further described in the Tender Documents, including the Site Plan attached with the drawings.
Tenderers are invited to attend an information meeting (the “Information Meeting”) on October 29, 2020 commencing at 11:00 am.
The location of the Information Meeting will be: Anderson Street and W. 2nd Avenue, Vancouver,
Tenderers are asked to pre-register for the Information Meeting by submitting the Information
Meeting Attendance Form (Appendix 1) to the Contact Person by email prior to 3 pm October
Tenderers are asked to indicate their intentions to submit Tenders by submitting the Response Notification Form (Appendix 2) to the Contact Person by email on or before November 12, 2020.
It is the sole responsibility of each Tenderer to check the City’s website at
http://vancouver.ca/doing-business/open-bids.aspx regularly for addenda, amendments and questions and answers related to this ITT, which the City may issue at any time during the process, and for any reason, at its discretion.
Downloading the Document
Bidders must not electronically alter any portion of downloaded documents with the exception of adding the information requested. To do so will invalidate your bid.
PS20201112 21,982 KB
CONTRACTOR FOR ANDERSON STREET UTILITY UPGRADE
No amendment at this time.
Addendum No. 1 157 KB
Addendum No. 2 49 KB
Addendum No. 3 1,654 KB
Addendum No. 4 151 KB
Addendum No. 5 355 KB
Addendum No. 6 2,016 KB
RE: REVISED OWNERS LIST OF KNOWN WORKPLACE HAZARDS
RE: REPLACED “SCHEDULE A” PART C – FORM OF TENDER
RE: REPLACE SPECIFICATIONS
RE: REPLACE SCHEDULE 9 – INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS
RE: ADD DRAWING - SANITARY FOREMAIN RECORD DRAWING
RE: REPLACE DRAWINGS
Questions and Answers