Invitation to Tender
ITT PS20200041 - CONTRACTOR FOR CHARLESON PARK RENEWAL
February 25, 2020
Questions & Answers
February 26, 2020
All queries related to this ITT should be submitted in writing to the attention of:
Jessica Li, Buyer
[Please specify bid number, bid title and purchasing agent's name when sending email.]
Questions will be accepted, and answers posted, ONLY IF they are submitted in writing five working days prior to the bid closing date
CLOSING DATE & TIME
3:00:00 pm (Local Vancouver Time), Tuesday, February 25, 2020
3:00:00 pm (Local Vancouver Time), Tuesday, March 3, 2020
City of Vancouver, Purchasing Services
453 West 12th Avenue
Vancouver, BC Canada V5Y 1V4
Envelopes submitted by courier or otherwise in-person should be delivered to:
Supply Chain Management
453 West 12th Avenue - 4th Floor - Bid Submission Box
Vancouver City Hall
Vancouver, British Columbia
DO NOT SUBMIT TENDERS BY FAX OR E-MAIL
Tenders received after the closing time may be returned unopened.
Faxed tenders will not be accepted.
Please visit our Bidding Procedures page for additional information.
General Description of Requirement
The City of Vancouver as represented by its Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation (the“City”) invites Tenders for the Charleson Park Renewal.
The Work generally includes, but is not limited to:
- Protection of existing trees as noted on the drawings
- All demolition work as indicated in the drawings
- Off-site disposal of excess fill material
- Earthworks to achieve grades and slopes indicated in the drawings
- Any required off-site disposal of material to Vancouver Landfill for deep burial
NOTE: Charleson Park is within the Japanese Beetle Zone. The top 30cm of soil
needs to stay within the regulated area or go for deep burial at an approved
Supply and installation of all subsurface drainage work
- Modification and expansion of the existing irrigation, including design, supply and
installation of the new components
- Relocation of existing playground equipment, as indicated in the drawings
- Supply, delivery and installation of playground equipment, including surfacing
- Coordination of installation of specific owner provided playground equipment
- Supply and installation of all asphalt paving as described in the drawings
- Supply and installation of all concrete work as indicated in the drawings
- Supply and installation of timber retaining wall as indicated in the drawings
- Supply and installation of all granular paving as indicated in the drawings
- Supply and installation of timber decking as indicated in the drawings
- Supply and installation of site furnishings, including stone blocks and hydrapressed slabs
- Install owner-supplied benches, including delivery to the site from Evans Yard
- Install owner-supplied boulders, including delivery to site from Kent Yard
Tenderers are required to attend the mandatory information meeting (the “Mandatory
Information Meeting”) on February 11, 2020 commencing at 10:00am.
The location of the Mandatory Information Meeting will be: Charleson Park, 999 Charleson
Street, Vancouver, Vancouver, British Columbia.
Tenderers are asked to pre-register for the Mandatory Information Meeting by submitting the Mandatory Information Meeting Attendance Form (Appendix 1) to the Contact Person by fax or email prior to 4:00pm February 10, 2020.
Downloading the Document
Bidders must not electronically alter any portion of downloaded documents with the exception of adding the information requested. To do so will invalidate your bid.
CONTRACTOR FOR CHARLESON PARK RENEWAL
No addendum at this time.
Questions and Answers