Invitation to Tender
ITT PS20191025 - BRIDGEWAY SLOPE REHABILITATION
Questions & Answers
August 6, 2019
All queries related to this ITT should be submitted in writing to the attention of:
Gamaliel Martinez, Contracting Specialist
[Please specify bid number, bid title and purchasing agent's name when sending email.]
Questions will be accepted, and answers posted, ONLY IF they are submitted in writing five working days prior to the bid closing date
CLOSING DATE & TIME
3:00:00 pm (Local Vancouver Time), Tuesday, August 13, 2019
City of Vancouver, Purchasing Services
453 West 12th Avenue
Vancouver, BC Canada V5Y 1V4
Envelopes submitted by courier or otherwise in-person should be delivered to:
Supply Chain Management
453 West 12th Avenue - 4th Floor - Bid Submission Box
Vancouver City Hall
Vancouver, British Columbia
Tenders received after the closing time may be returned unopened.
Faxed tenders will not be accepted.
Please visit our Bidding Procedures page for additional information.
General Description of Requirement
The City of Vancouver (the “City”) invites Tenders for the rehabilitation of the Bridgeway
structure and slope stabilization at 3500 Bridgeway Street in Vancouver, British Columbia.
The Work generally includes, but is not limited to:
- partial demolition of the existing wooden structure and removal of poor soils in the nearby vicinity of the structure. A geotechnical report prepared by EBA/Tetra Tech on August 2013 suggests that there is potential presence of hydrocarbon odour, asphalt chunks and that the existing wooden piles may have been treated with creosote. This material (and any other soil/debris/material believed to be contaminated or hazardous) should be disposed in accordance with local regulations. All demolition and removal work should be done in accordance to the direction of the Environmental Consultant;
- removal of poor soils in the nearby vicinity of the structure;
- installation of steel sheet pile walls along the slope (complete with soil anchors);
- placement of light weight fill to help build up the trail to its previous elevation; and
- paving of a pedestrian/cycling path overtop the light weight fill.
Refer to Drawing A099052-S-041 for a more detailed description of the Work.
Tenderers are invited to attend an information meeting (the “Information Meeting”) on July
19, 2019 commencing at 10:00 a.m. Vancouver Time.
The location of the Information Meeting will be: Trans Canada Trail, between Bridgeway and North Skeena Streets, West of Second Narrows Bridge, Vancouver, British Columbia. Tenderers are asked to meet at the Parking Lot located at Bridgeway and North Skeena Streets.
Tenderers are asked to pre-register for the Information Meeting by submitting the Information Meeting Attendance Form (Appendix 1) to the Contact Person by email prior to July 18, 2019.
Downloading the Document
Bidders must not electronically alter any portion of downloaded documents with the exception of adding the information requested. To do so will invalidate your bid.
Download (PDF format only)
No amendment at this time.
No addendum at this time.
Questions and Answers