Invitation to Tender
ITT PS20190838 - CONTRACTOR FOR THUNDERBIRD CC PRESCHOOL OUTDOOR PLAY AREA RENOVATION
July 12, 2019
Questions & Answers
All queries related to this ITT should be submitted in writing to the attention of:
Jessica Li, Buyer
[Please specify bid number, bid title and purchasing agent's name when sending email.]
Questions will be accepted, and answers posted, ONLY IF they are submitted in writing five working days prior to the bid closing date
CLOSING DATE & TIME
3:00:00 pm (Local Vancouver Time), Friday, July 19, 2019
City of Vancouver, Purchasing Services
453 West 12th Avenue
Vancouver, BC Canada V5Y 1V4
Envelopes submitted by courier or otherwise in-person should be delivered to:
Supply Chain Management
453 West 12th Avenue - 4th Floor - Bid Submission Box
Vancouver City Hall
Vancouver, British Columbia
Tenders received after the closing time may be returned unopened.
Faxed tenders will not be accepted.
Please visit our Bidding Procedures page for additional information.
General Description of Requirement
The City of Vancouver as represented by its Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation (the“City”) invites Tenders for the Thunderbird Community Centre Preschool Outdoor Play Area
The Work generally includes, but is not limited to:
- Protect existing trees as noted on the landscape drawings, and as directed by the
Consultant or Owner appointed Arborist;
- Protect all existing features to remain;
- Undertake all demolition work as indicated on landscape drawings except that work
noted to be carried out by Owner;
- Undertake earthworks to achieve grades and slopes as indicated in landscape drawings;
- Supply/ install all fill and base granular materials;
- Supply/ install all subsurface drainage work;
- Supply/ install all cast-in-place concrete elements including retaining walls, seat walls,
curbs, paving and play equipment footings;
- Supply/ install soil cement at playground embankment;
- Supply/ install all metal fabrications and all associated attachments and assemblies as indicated in landscape drawings;
- Supply/ install rubberized surfacing including underlays as per landscape drawings;
- Supply/ install play sand surfacing as per landscape drawings;
- Install owner supplied boulders including delivery to site from Kent Yard;
- Supply/ install all cedar decking as per landscape drawings;
- Supply/ install all play equipment as per landscape drawings;
- Supply/ install chalkboard mural as per landscape drawings;
- Supply/ install free standing metal pots inclusive of planting as per landscape
- Clean up and dispose of construction debris off site in accordance with local
- Attendance at a one year warranty walk through starting from issuance of substantial
performance, and repair of any outstanding issues
The Site is located at 2311 Cassiar Street, Vancouver, British Columbia. The Site is further
described in the Tender Documents, including the Site Plan attached with the drawings.
The purpose of this ITT is to select a Tenderer with the capability and experience to efficiently and cost-effectively perform and complete the Work.
Tenderers are invited to attend an information meeting (the “Information Meeting”) on July
10, 2019 commencing at 10:00am.
The location of the Information Meeting will be: Thunderbird Community Centre Preschool,
2311 Cassiar Street, Vancouver, British Columbia.
Tenderers are asked to pre-register for the Information Meeting by submitting the Information Meeting Attendance Form (Appendix 1) to the Contact Person by fax or email prior to July 9, 2019.
Downloading the Document
Bidders must not electronically alter any portion of downloaded documents with the exception of adding the information requested. To do so will invalidate your bid.
Download (PDF format only)
PS20190838 6757 KB
CONTRACTOR FOR THUNDERBIRD CC PRESCHOOL OUTDOOR PLAY AREA RENOVATION
Amendment No.1 9625 KB
RE: SCHEDULE A – SCHEDULE OF QUANTITIES AND PRICES
RE: SCHEDULE A – ALTERNATE PRICES
No addendum at this time.
Questions and Answers
Q&A No.1 48 KB
ISSUED JUNE 28, 2019