Bids, contracts, RFPs, and purchase orders
The City's bidding process aims to secure value for money for the citizens and taxpayers of Vancouver.
Our Supply Chain Management department applies best practices and strong financial controls, and ensures a transparent, fair, and competitive procurement process.
On this page:
- Learn how our bid process works.
- Review the list of open and closed (but unawarded) bidding opportunities.
- Get your bid review-ready and read our bidding procedures.
- Find information on awarded bids.
- Read related financial reports.
How our bid process works
Learn about our bid process and its requirements in our Procurement Policy. We adhere to this policy and all applicable laws and regulations. The most referenced policy statements are:
- Goals of the policy
- Competitive bidding and when it is required
- Contract authority limits
- Bid committee, chief purchasing official, and category manager authorities and responsibilities
Read the Procurement Policy (PDF, 160 KB)
Review the list of bids
- Open bids
- Notice of Intent(NOIs) and sole source reports
- Closed bids pending award
- Awarded bids
- Other BC government contracts you can bid on (BC Bids website)